About the Role
- Responsible for maintaining and develop all parts of a complex service-oriented system.
- Code and document all changes in all phases of the development life cycle.
- Demonstrate strong commitment and dedication to take up challenges and solving important problems beyond normal working hours as and when required.
- Optimization of the application for extensibility and scalability.
- Provide maintenance support by investigating and rectifying reported systems shortcomings.
- Grow in an environment passionate about knowledge-sharing and code review.
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs/flaws to ensure servers are running optimally.
- Willingness to adapt to changes in fast-growing environments with multiple and new technologies.
- A team ethic to constantly improve output and the output of the Graphics team.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to journalists, designers and other engineers.
- To provide accurate cost and timelines estimates based on project requirements and budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Familiarity with the whole web stack, web protocols, and web performance optimisation techniques.
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache), and UI/UX design.
- Experience or knowledge of SSH, SFTP and cloud-based deployment (AWS, Alicloud, Google cloud, Azure) and general server administration.
- Passion and enthusiasm for open source technologies.
- Team player and able to collaborate openly within teams and contribute value.
- Excellent command of English with strong oral, written and communication skills.
Start Date of Roles: July 2022 to January 2023