Reporting to the CEO, you will be in charge of developing and implementing both
internal as well external communication strategies that uphold the company’s brand image.
About the Role
- Pitching stories and interviews to media to ensure wide and relevant coverage to help promote the company’s products and services
- Leveraging alternative communication channels such as social media, website and native mobile apps to amplify coverage and drive communications with customers particularly during crisis.
- Strategising, developing content and drafting communications material including press release, spokesperson’s talking points for interviews and press conference, speeches, articles.
- Developing and enhancing relationship with the local media including traditional, online and lifestyle media as well as tech blogs by developing and executing media engagement plans.
- Planning and coordinating press conferences, media interviews, product launch and media briefings.
- Draft proposals for any communications projects, to present to Management.
- Undertaking issue and crisis management to ensure the company’s reputation is protected.
- Build and maintain digital media archives including photos and videos of Company and CEO exposure.
- Drafting internal communications for the office, including festive messages to employees.
- Degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Managerial/HOD experience in an MNC/large corporation in corporate communications, PR, media, public affairs or similar in the financial industry.
- A strong leader with the ability to positively motivate the team. Ability to ensure the team’s work efficiency by setting clear and transparent roles and responsibilities, and lead by example with high work standards.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work and build respectful relationships with colleagues/stakeholders of all levels.
- Excellent command of English with strong oral, written and communication skills.
- Successful track record in planning and executing media and PR plans, and managing crises
- Ability to work outside of working hours at times, especially during a crisis. Ability to adjust rapidly to new situations and adapt to change.
Start Date of Roles: July 2022 to January 2023