About the Role
- Identifying and researching news stories and features.
- Composing articles regarding a specific event or development in the financial industry.
- Write creative copy that meets business goals across a variety of media in a fully-integrated fashion.
- Conceptual thinker who is able to express creative ideas with clarity, compelling language and relevance.
- Generate story and graphics ideas from the financial news of the day.
- Ability to work with data, comfort with numbers.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, able to translate jargon and numbers into elegant prose. An eagle eye for inaccuracies or mistakes.
- Developing and maintaining financial industry contacts.
- Bachelor degree in English, Journalism/Economics or related field.
- At least three years reporting experience, including coverage of business and financial news.
- An ability to generate original story ideas, including compelling focus/analysis pieces and lively features.
- An instinct to react quickly to breaking news.
- Familiarity with social media, in particular as a news source.
- Experience in working in real-time financial journalism.
- A passion for financial data and stories, and for telling those stories graphically
Start Date of Roles: July 2022 to January 2023