The main purpose of the position is to manage the editorial production process to ensure timely publication and ensure all material meets the required high standard expected in all publications.
About the Role
- Managing the workflows of the Editors and journalist, including keeping track of all work carried out by Editors and journalist and assessing the quality of work in order to provide constructive feedback and maintain journal standards.
- Editing, fact-checking and ensuring copy is free from errors and meets world-class newsroom standards.
- Rewriting stories to improve narrative structure and flow, with sensitivity to the author’s voice; adding in relevant context and background.
- Managing the production of online only material ensuring that it is edited to a high standard and uploaded onto the sites on time.
- Crafting top quality Search Engine Optimised headlines, index headlines, summaries and photo/graphics captions.
- Guiding less experienced writers on sharpening story angles as requested by the news editor.
- Proofreading text of multimedia content and compiling newsletters.
- Monitoring wire services when needed.
- Degree or above in Journalism, Communication, Language or related disciplines.
- Minimum of 4 years editing experience in online news operation or wire service.
- Solid news judgement, familiarity with ASEAN news and a keen ability to get to the heart of a story quickly and clearly, highlighting the stakes for a global audience.
- Can-do attitude with excellent English skills and zero tolerance for errors.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about digital technologies.
- Excellent command of English with strong oral, written and communication skills.
Start Date of Roles: July 2022 to January 2023