The Scrum Master is responsible for making sure a Scrum team lives by the values and practices of Scrum.
About the Role
- Coaches the Delivery Team, and does anything possible to help the team perform at their highest level. This involves removing any impediments to progress, facilitating meetings, and doing things like working with the Product Owner to make sure the product backlog is in good shape and ready for the next sprint.
- Responsible for ensuring Scrum theory and practices are understood and enacted (even help those outside the Delivery Team understand so the value can be maximized).
- Teach, mentor, guide, and coach the team on Agile/Scrum/Kanban/Lean principles and practices.
- Organising and facilitating daily stand ups, requirement estimation, sprint & release planning, demos, retrospectives, and other related team meetings.
- Tracking and reporting of all relevant team performance metrics such as team velocity, sprint & release status to management.
- Focus on ever improving team dynamics and performance. Assist the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Help individuals and scrum teams to increase scrum maturity level.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Project Management, Computer Science or any other related field.
- Industry-recognized agile certification such as Scaled Agile, Scrum Master, or Product Owner is preferred.
- Adaptable to fast-paced, dynamic work environments and shifting demands.
- Highly collaborative, team-oriented and an effective communicator
- At least 5 years of professional scrum master experience in managing software development, working through software product design, development, testing, and release cycle.
Start Date of Roles: July 2022 to January 2023