As the SVP, People & Culture you will work alongside the CEO and the SVP, Chief of Staff to shape the resource allocation and cultural direction of the organisation in-line with international financial newsroom standards.
About the Role
- Responsible for managing a broad range of people and talent issues related to the company set-up and talent management.
- Plan and manage people programs, as well as, counsel management on a full range of Human Resources disciplines including organizational effectiveness, employee relations, performance management, career development, compensation and workforce planning.
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of Talent Acquisition and People Operations services. Establish compensation benchmarking and salary ranges.
- Partner with the management to design the workforce planning approach, taking into consideration the size and skills of the workforce, financial budget, and the nature and complexity of the organization.
- Establish a recruitment plan and resource to hire the right talents at the right price and time.
- Serve as an advisor to management on people-related issues and partner leadership team to deploy programs that motivate, develop & retain talents.
- Drive design and implementation of talent & performance reviews.
- Candidate must possess at least Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Business Studies/Administration/Management, Psychology, Human Resource Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years of HR experience with at least 5 years of relevant experience in human resource management or business partnering role Preferably industry experience from hyper-growth media and fintech industry.
- A comprehensive and proven HR generalist/business partner in fast paced & collaborative working environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and team effectively at all levels, along with excellent English proficiency.
- Strong cultural competencies to collaborate cohesively with culturally diverse leaders.
- Hands-on in delivering people solutions with ability to get the basics right quickly to earn credibility with stakeholders.
- Familiar and Knowledgeable on Malaysia Local Labour Laws and other employment law.
Start Date of Roles: July 2022 to January 2023